Richard Herring kept awake ahead of Latitude show by 'gaylords'
Andrew Mickel15 July 2011
A troubled night's sleep, carefully documented on Twitter, crept into Richard Herring's slot at the Latitude comedy tent this afternoon.
The comedian tweeted in the early hours of this morning:
“Found a nice spot for our tent yesterday but when we got back to it a massive tent full of idiots had been erected almost on top of ours. Then as we tried to sleep gang of loud drama student types arrived to erect 4 more tents in dark, singing opera & shouting as they did.
“Worst night ever. At 4am snapped as drunk idiot was bellowing into tent calling mates gay. Shouted at him. I am WAAAAAY too old for this.”
The night obviously stayed with the comedian, as asked the crowd at the comedy arena during his set this afternoon: “How about tomorrow morning at 8am you all come around my tent, we can stick our heads in their tents and shout 'You're all gaylords! You're all gaylords!'”
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Where there's a Wil (Anderson) there's a way
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief
- Mark Thomas stands up for free theatre
- Casual Violence
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Alexander Bennett