Richard Herring kept awake ahead of Latitude show by 'gaylords'
Andrew Mickel15 July 2011
A troubled night's sleep, carefully documented on Twitter, crept into Richard Herring's slot at the Latitude comedy tent this afternoon.
The comedian tweeted in the early hours of this morning:
“Found a nice spot for our tent yesterday but when we got back to it a massive tent full of idiots had been erected almost on top of ours. Then as we tried to sleep gang of loud drama student types arrived to erect 4 more tents in dark, singing opera & shouting as they did.
“Worst night ever. At 4am snapped as drunk idiot was bellowing into tent calling mates gay. Shouted at him. I am WAAAAAY too old for this.”
The night obviously stayed with the comedian, as asked the crowd at the comedy arena during his set this afternoon: “How about tomorrow morning at 8am you all come around my tent, we can stick our heads in their tents and shout 'You're all gaylords! You're all gaylords!'”
- Danny Dyer film Run For Your Wife takes £747 at box office
- Monty Python black and white
- Comedy Central plans live improv advert
- Camp Bestival
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy: 100 - 81
- MTV LOL: Some comedians in some music videos
- Beth O’Brien: ‘I had to learn quite quickly, which is a good thing’
- Billy Bragg's Handyman Blues, featuring Stewart Lee, Kevin Eldon Johnny Vegas
- Dave's Leicester Comedy Festival 2013 most successful ever
- Comedy gets actorly: George Wendt, Andi Osho, Charlie Hanson and more talk about the thesp life