Richard Herring kept awake ahead of Latitude show by 'gaylords'
Andrew Mickel15 July 2011
A troubled night's sleep, carefully documented on Twitter, crept into Richard Herring's slot at the Latitude comedy tent this afternoon.
The comedian tweeted in the early hours of this morning:
“Found a nice spot for our tent yesterday but when we got back to it a massive tent full of idiots had been erected almost on top of ours. Then as we tried to sleep gang of loud drama student types arrived to erect 4 more tents in dark, singing opera & shouting as they did.
“Worst night ever. At 4am snapped as drunk idiot was bellowing into tent calling mates gay. Shouted at him. I am WAAAAAY too old for this.”
The night obviously stayed with the comedian, as asked the crowd at the comedy arena during his set this afternoon: “How about tomorrow morning at 8am you all come around my tent, we can stick our heads in their tents and shout 'You're all gaylords! You're all gaylords!'”
- Lost Features Week: Eldon and Widdicombe, Lee and Munnery, and much much more...
- Doctor Who trousers and dwarf sex: A lovely chat with Emma Kennedy
- Comedy gets actorly: Matthew Jones on the darkness of Punch
- A few questions for Ultra Culture’s Charlie Lyne, who wants to make a film about teen movies
- Pajama Men interview: "it's like love-makin'"
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- The British Comedy Award winners in full: how did our predictions stack up?
- The Old Vic Comedy & Variety Festival: SSP picks and a nice chat
- Jimmy Mulville defends Sky viewing numbers
- Laughter in a foreign language: can comedy travel?