Richard Herring kept awake ahead of Latitude show by 'gaylords'
Andrew Mickel15 July 2011
A troubled night's sleep, carefully documented on Twitter, crept into Richard Herring's slot at the Latitude comedy tent this afternoon.
The comedian tweeted in the early hours of this morning:
“Found a nice spot for our tent yesterday but when we got back to it a massive tent full of idiots had been erected almost on top of ours. Then as we tried to sleep gang of loud drama student types arrived to erect 4 more tents in dark, singing opera & shouting as they did.
“Worst night ever. At 4am snapped as drunk idiot was bellowing into tent calling mates gay. Shouted at him. I am WAAAAAY too old for this.”
The night obviously stayed with the comedian, as asked the crowd at the comedy arena during his set this afternoon: “How about tomorrow morning at 8am you all come around my tent, we can stick our heads in their tents and shout 'You're all gaylords! You're all gaylords!'”
- Circuit breakers: where comedians ask the questions
- Sketchfest: what happens in New York and Seattle
- Edinburgh Fringe picks 2012: Antipodeans
- Blackadder-like Rik Mayall ad lands Dave with a Ofcom rebuke
- Good Night: Always Be Comedy always has the Nerf guns
- Edinburgh Fringe picks 2012: North Americans
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: Comedian's comedians
- Secret Edinburgh: Brothels and Bagels with Howard Read
- Secret Edinburgh: Al Pitcher cooks bacon in a, uh, coffee machine
- Incoming: Philip O’Shea has a big project on the way