Robson Green joins Mount Pleasant
Tim Clark5 March 2012
Robson Green has joined the cast of Mount Pleasant for the second season of the Sky 1 sitcom.
It’s the first foray into TV comedy for the former Soldier Soldier actor.
George Sampson, a previous winner of Britain’s Got Talent, is also joining the cast, which includes Sally Lindsay, Bobby Ball, Pauline Collins and Angela Griffin.
Filming on the second run has now started in Manchester.
Writer Sarah Hooper said: “I love Robson, he is a fantastic actor and we're all delighted to have someone with his pedigree joining the cast, and with George's talent and rising star status it is going to bring an exciting new edge to our already brilliant ensemble. I can't wait
to see the new series come to life.”
The first season averaged 1.3 million viewers a week in half-hour slots. The second season will consist of nine hour-long episodes and a Christmas special.
The show will return to Sky 1 in the summer.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Secret Edinburgh
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- Incoming: our interview slot for new(ish) acts
- Plebs’ Tom Rosenthal interview: ‘we can do stories about incest’
- The loveliest people in comedy: a working list
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Shaun of the Dead lives again - thanks to Edgar Wright
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks