Robson Green joins Mount Pleasant
Tim Clark5 March 2012
Robson Green has joined the cast of Mount Pleasant for the second season of the Sky 1 sitcom.
It’s the first foray into TV comedy for the former Soldier Soldier actor.
George Sampson, a previous winner of Britain’s Got Talent, is also joining the cast, which includes Sally Lindsay, Bobby Ball, Pauline Collins and Angela Griffin.
Filming on the second run has now started in Manchester.
Writer Sarah Hooper said: “I love Robson, he is a fantastic actor and we're all delighted to have someone with his pedigree joining the cast, and with George's talent and rising star status it is going to bring an exciting new edge to our already brilliant ensemble. I can't wait
to see the new series come to life.”
The first season averaged 1.3 million viewers a week in half-hour slots. The second season will consist of nine hour-long episodes and a Christmas special.
The show will return to Sky 1 in the summer.
- 99 Club Pick & Mix Launch Night - Jade the Folk singer, Alan Parker and Robin Ince
- All your Christmas problems, solved in a timely manner, by Sam Simmons
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Richard Herring to launch paid video podcasts
- Altitude 2010: Abandoman wows Meribel crowds
- British Comedy Awards 2012: who should clearly win
- Turtle Canyon's Chubby Bunny gets You Tube premiere
- Camp Bestival
- Always Be Comedy with Naz Osmanoglu, at the Tommyfield
- Andrew Maxwell, The Lights Are On: Edinburgh review 2011