Robson Green joins Mount Pleasant
Tim Clark5 March 2012
Robson Green has joined the cast of Mount Pleasant for the second season of the Sky 1 sitcom.
It’s the first foray into TV comedy for the former Soldier Soldier actor.
George Sampson, a previous winner of Britain’s Got Talent, is also joining the cast, which includes Sally Lindsay, Bobby Ball, Pauline Collins and Angela Griffin.
Filming on the second run has now started in Manchester.
Writer Sarah Hooper said: “I love Robson, he is a fantastic actor and we're all delighted to have someone with his pedigree joining the cast, and with George's talent and rising star status it is going to bring an exciting new edge to our already brilliant ensemble. I can't wait
to see the new series come to life.”
The first season averaged 1.3 million viewers a week in half-hour slots. The second season will consist of nine hour-long episodes and a Christmas special.
The show will return to Sky 1 in the summer.
- The inaugural chat show host-off: Eleanor Conway vs Tom Allen
- A chat with Hebburn creator Jason Cook, which we did before the show got renewed
- The Top 100: The Oxbridge Connection
- Rob Rouse talks brewing, babies and comedy filth
- Loaded Laftas Angelos Epithemiou
- x960 Communist China propaganda poster
- Secret Edinburgh: Tony Law's Botanical lunch spot
- Secret Edinburgh Jeff Leach: Walking the Gauntlet of Broken Dreams
- Camp Bestival
- Secret Garden Party 2012