Rush to see Lee Evans' 'Roadrunner' smashes UK records
Over a quarter of a million people flocked to buy tickets on the first day of sale to guarantee their seats at Lee Evans’ new tour – Roadrunner.
His fourth arena tour - which takes in 50-dates and is set to begin on August 25, 2010 at Bournemouth International Centre - went on sale and smashed UK records as the fastest and biggest selling comedy tour of all time.
Due to public demand, more dates are going to be added by the end of the week to appease fans desperate to see the follow up to Evans’ 2008 show – Big.
His manic energy, uncanny observations, hilarious delivery and side-splitting material have made his live performances a must-see for comedy fans worldwide, as DVD releases and previous performances have already earned him a number of other comedy records.
Extra and new information can be found about the There’s Something About Mary star at www.offthekerb.co.uk.
- SSP's most-clicked news stories of 2012
- Incoming: our interview slot for new(ish) acts
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy
- SSP's most popular features of 2012
- Circuit breakers: where comedians ask the questions
- Good Night: the stunning fun of Pun Run
- Edinburgh Fringe
- Dave's Leicester Comedy Festival
- Commissioners and TV executives