Sacha Baron Cohen sent goat by movie studio
Tim Clark27 April 2010
Borat and Bruno star Sacha Baron Cohen’s latest movie endeavour has got Hollywood movie studios in such as spin that one even sent the star a goat in a bid to convince him to sign with them.
Up to four studios were caught up in a bidding war for Cohen’s latest offering, so to win the comedian over studio chiefs at Paramount Pictures sent him a goat wearing a t-shirt with the studio’s name on it.
The animal arrived at the offices of William Morris Endeavor where it caused widespread mayhem including pooing on the floor.
A source told The Sun: "Bosses at the studio arranged for one goat to be sent to Sacha's LA home wearing a Paramount T-shirt.
"They sent another to the plush Beverly Hills office of his agents, William Morris. But the animal had a call of nature outside his agent's office on the third floor.
"It squatted down in the hall in front of where everyone was working.
"It was disgusting. One of the guys looking after the goat tried to clean it up but the awful smell stuck around for hours."
The new film, which is a closely guarded secret, has been penned by the team behind Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm and apparantley sees Cohen play the role of a goat herder and a deposed foreign dictator stuck in the U.S.
Cohen is reported to be in line for a £50 million pay day if the film is a success. He is reported to have received $20million (£13million) upfront as well as taking 20 per cent of the films profits.
- Camp Bestival
- Monty Python black and white
- MTV LOL: Some comedians in some music videos
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: Young Guns
- The Top 100 most influential people in comedy: 100 - 81
- Beth O’Brien: ‘I had to learn quite quickly, which is a good thing’
- Comedy Central plans live improv advert
- Billy Bragg's Handyman Blues, featuring Stewart Lee, Kevin Eldon Johnny Vegas
- Comedy gets actorly: George Wendt, Andi Osho, Charlie Hanson and more talk about the thesp life
- Dave's Leicester Comedy Festival 2013 most successful ever