Sharon Horgan adds to British export list to US
Tim Clark13 October 2011
Sharon Horgan, best known for her BBC Three series Pulling, has signed a deal with ABC in America to work on a new project, according to reports from Deadline.
Deadline adds that she has previously worked with ABC on a pilot of an American version of Pulling, and on another pilot, Bad Mom.
In the UK she is slated to front her own panel show pilot on BBC Three.
She adds to a long list of British comedy exports to America this week. Earlier today it was announced that eighties kids sitcom Rentaghost was to be remade in America starring Ben Stiller. Other British shows include yesterday's news that BBC Two's the
Trip may be remade, and Wednesday's news that Channel Five's 2007 series Suburban Shootout is being piloted for ABC. BBC Three's White Van Man is also being remade in the US.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Where there's a Wil (Anderson) there's a way
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Mark Thomas stands up for free theatre
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Comedy promoter dies on Arctic charity expedition
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry