Stewart Lee on lazy journalists and blah blah insert words here: the last 24 hours in comedy
Andrew Mickel31 July 2012
Lee, Gervais, Brand and Corden: a lot of big comedy names in the news today...
Stewart Lee makes some good points and 'some other' points about the Edinburgh Fringe. Particularly fun is his refrain that 'lazy journalists' don't go off piste enough to find new shows to recommend, before suggesting people go and see his wife's show in August. Guardian
- Ricky Gervais has a new pilot for online with Karl Pilkington on the way: Learn English with Ricky Gervais. British Comedy Guide
- Russell Brand has defended Daniel Tosh and Dane Cook after both have made recent controversial jokes about rape and the Aurora shootings respectively. THERE IS NEVER A REASON TO DEFEND DANE COOK. Belfast Telegraph
- James Corden says Gavin & Stacey will return at some point, although someone's gonna have to spring Joanna Page from her Superdrug contract. Daily Mail
- Peep Show series eight has started filming. Digital Spy
- And if you'd ever wondered how you would explain the Fringe to honest-to-God aliens, you should pick up some good lessons from the Wall Street Journal.
Hot news? Tweet us @smallportions...
- Edinburgh Fringe picks 2012: Antipodeans
- Secret Edinburgh: Jessica Fostekew heads to a very British beach
- Incoming: Liberty Hodes knows how to cook aubergine properly
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: Comedian's comedians
- The Top 100 People In Comedy 80 - 61
- Incoming: Philip O’Shea has a big project on the way
- Circuit breakers: Jarred Christmas quizzes Lloyd Langford on animal abilities, first jokes and more
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012 picks: new stars of TV
- Blackadder-like Rik Mayall ad lands Dave with a Ofcom rebuke