Thick Of It bleeped for US airings
The Thick Of It premiered on BBC America on Saturday night – but was bleeped for broadcast.
While the show has become a cult favourite in the UK thanks in part to Malcolm Tucker’s swear-filled tirades, the midnight time slot on the channel’s Ministry of Laughs strand wasn’t enough to save it from being bleeped. Writer Simon Blackwell said on Twitter it must have sounded like ‘a lorry reversing into a heart monitor’. The show was broadcast to coincide with the launch of Veep, the Thick Of It-style satire starring Julia Louis-Dreyfus as the US vice-president.
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Where there's a Wil (Anderson) there's a way
- Mark Thomas stands up for free theatre
- The Thick Of It heads to U.S. as Armando Iannucci pens show for HBO
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Widdicombe, Christmas, Pappy's and Dommett head to Green Man comedy stage
- Shameless star recreates American Beauty strip pic for Comic Relief
- London Sketchfest 2013: What you need to know
- Casual Violence
- The Wrestling takes panel prize at Edinburgh Fringe comedy awards