Undercover sitcom for UKTV Dave
Tim Clark11 December 2012
UKTV Dave has in talks to develop a new sitcom based on an undercover police officer.
The freeview channel has given the go-ahead for a pilot of the show, titled Undercover, which is likely to be similar to Leslie Neilson’s famous series Police Squad.
According to TV Wise the show, which is being produced by Baby Cow and Bonafide Films, has been written by Sacha Alexander, Simon Dean and Andy Milligan. It has been in development since 2011.
The plot revolves around Chris, a policeman who has worked his way into an Armenian crime family but finds himself out of his depth. Though his job is to expose the crime ring, he finds himself enjoying his time with the family and even being a gangster.
Undercover is the first of a series of announcements from UKTV Dave over the shows which are expected to be slated for 2013.
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- Boris is on board, Boyle has a ceremony and lots of comedy events: the Olympic week in video
- Camden Crawl
- Underbelly 2013: comedy picks
- Richard Herring to launch paid video podcasts
- Commissioners and TV executives
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012: Character comedy
- Underbelly's Comedy Hullabaloo heading to Stratford-upon-Avon
- WSPA Stand up for the animals review
- Manchester Comedy Festival interviews: Thom Tuck