US version of The Trip could be on the way
Andrew Mickel12 October 2011
Steve Coogan and Rob Brydon comedy The Trip could be remade with American comedians in the US.
Revolution Films co-founder Andrew Eaton told Screen Daily: “The way to do it if you wanted to open it up for a wider audience in America is to do it with American comedians. It could be fun. If you got the right people it’s an interesting format, you could try it anywhere really.”
The firm are also in talks with the BBC about a second series for the UK, set in Italy.
The show was made by longtime Coogan collaborator Michael Winterbottom as both a six-piece series for BBC Two, and as a feature film.
It follows yesterday's news that Channel Five's 2006/07 show Suburban Shootout is being remade in America for ABC.
- Richard Herring to launch paid video podcasts
- Good Night: Scrumptious heats up comedy with curry
- Sketchfest: Thünderbards select their favourite bards and Thunderbirds
- Rory McGrath arrested over assault
- 99 Club Pick & Mix Launch Night - Jade the Folk singer, Alan Parker and Robin Ince
- Tim Minchin heading to Greenwich Comedy Festival 2011
- Stewart Lee's Alternative Comedy Experience gets second series
- Sketchfest: what you need to know
- Sketchfest: The Pin are dog botherin'
- All your Christmas problems, solved in a timely manner, by Sam Simmons