With boyish good looks, a gleeful and positive attitude which has seen him move from Mock the Week to his own show Russell Howard is one of the current generation of super comedians.
With his own show Russell Howard’s Good News, he is helping to bring up some other new comedy acts in the process (including SSP favourites James Acaster and Naz Osmanoglu).
Howard first became widely known when he was nominated for his 2006 Edinburgh Fringe show, and has progressed from performing at festivals to Arena-sized tour off the back of his TV work.
Howard also spent some time on BBC 6 Music as a DJ, but left his own show, The Russell Howard Show, which he co-presented with Jon Richardson mainly because he finds radio a restrictive medium.
Howard is also in a long-term relationship with his girlfriend Cerys, so you can stop Googling ‘Russell Howard girlfriend’ now ladies. Leave the man alone!
- A mass NHS sing song with Long, Brigstocke and many more: the week in video
- John Cleese's Israeli nut ad 'endorses bombing of Iran'
- 99 Club Pick & Mix Launch Night - Jade the Folk singer, Alan Parker and Robin Ince
- Edinburgh Fringe picks 2012: podcast folk
- Edinburgh Fringe 2012: Ticket trouble and tantrums
- Infinite Monkey Cage live at Latitude review
- Secret Edinburgh: Brothels and Bagels with Howard Read
- Dark Side of the Poon comedian Pete Jonas attacks critic Julia Chamberlain
- The Old Vic Comedy & Variety Festival: SSP picks and a nice chat
- The loveliest people in comedy: a working list