Steve North must like a challenge. Being given the UKTV channel formally known as G2, he has successfully created a whole digital brand which is named after everyone's dippy but loveable friend - Dave.
With the tag-line The Home Of Witty Banter, Dave has started stretching its wings in recent years, and is slowly shaking off it's reputation as a channel of repeats.
In 2012 North successfully guided the channel to sponsor the Dave Leicester Comedy Festival, and more further into live comedy with the Daves Comedy Society and Dave's One Night Stand - all of which have helped establish the channel as a player in the live comedy scene.
The next couple of years will see Dave move, in North's words, into a more multiplatform offering, which means that plenty of online and interactive content is on the way.
- The Pleasance's SMS service
- Just A Minute
- Horne & Corden
- Jim Jeffries: Alcoholocaust
- Jim Jeffries: Alcoholocaust, Edinburgh Fringe 2010
- Jimmy Carr
- Edinburgh view from Edinburgh Castle. Photo taken by Alan Ford 25/05/2006
- Pleasance launches free Edinburgh Fringe 2010 SMS service (that isn't free)
- Lulworth Castle
- Steve Coogan blasts Top Gear's Mexican show as 'casual racism'